Meisterstuck Shaker Silver
The Perfect Cocktail Shaker
The thermo-conductivity and velocity of flow of sterling silver help cool the cocktail to the desired temperature as it is being shaken. Gold has the remarkable chemical quality of being non-reactive – it will not affect anything that touches it. This is why the gold plating on the inside of the shaker allows for the rendition of the exact taste the barkeeper wanted to conceive when choosing his ingredients.
Meisterstück is German for masterpiece – in that spirit the Meisterstück shaker is the result of many painstaking months of trial and error. The seemingly random hammer-pattern needs to be arranged in a way that ensures a perfect seal around a Boston glass. The thickness of the walls of the cup is chosen to give the right amount of flexibility and just as importantly, create the perfect sound when shaking a cocktail with ice cubes.
Handmade to Order
The JR Meisterstück Shaker is a long-lasting product, made for extensive use, and at the same time distinct in terms of balance and weight. Unlike a glass that will be irreparably broken when dropped, a dented shaker can always be mended at the workshop by the creator himself. At the smith’s discretion, this is a complimentary service.
Every Shaker is made to order and bears the creator’s hallmarks as well as the initials of its future owner:
- Crown – certificate of authenticity of the material and craft
- Moon – the symbol for silver
- 925 – Sterling Silver. 925 parts of 1000 chemical parts are silver, 75 parts are copper
- KL – signature of the silversmith as a master craftsman and a combination of his initials and a personal emblem
- JR – signature of the Josef Rainer Shakermanufaktur and emblem as well as initials of Klaus deceased father
For Klaus St. Rainer, manual work, love and family make the manufacturing process special, which demands a lot of handwork. It takes upwards of 2 days to complete one single Meisterstück shaker and create a perfect tool built to be passed on from master to apprentice and beyond.
- Sterling Silver – 925/000 AG
- Gold plated inner surface
- Weight: approx. 500g
- Dimensions: 18 cm high, 9 cm across at the top, 6.5 cm across at the bottom
- Design: Klaus St. Rainer, 2009
The JR Meisterstück Shaker features a thick and carefully crafted bottom bearing the logo and insignia of the Shakermanufaktur and Klaus St. Rainer. The relief is made from sterling silver like the rest of the JR Meisterstück Shaker, yet held in place by four solid gold rivets to ensure that the inside is uniform. The golden rivets also ensure that no silver parts protrude into the inside and potentially taint a cocktails taste.