Irinox Fresco Blast Chiller/Slow cooker:
Fresco is the perfect assistant. It faithfully preserves the properties of food, helps you enhance its quality and sets well-being on your table. Discover the importance of blast chilling and shock freezing. Learn all the 9 features of Fresco.
The 9 functions:
- Blast chilling:
- Cook when you have the time and feel like it. Eat freshly-cooked food every day, as if by magic.
- Pre-cool Fresco the same way you preheat the oven before using it. As soon as cooking is done, place the piping hot food into Fresco.
- Controlled ventilation inside Fresco dissipates the food’s heat down to a safe temperature of +3°C within a short time.
- The thermal shock stops food evaporation, preserves its quality, fragrance, colours, scents, texture and properties. Plus it extends storage time in the fridge three-fold.
- Shock freezing:
- Your home freezer is not designed to chill, but to store products that have been frozen beforehand.
- With Fresco’s shock freezing function the water contained in the food solidifies more quickly and creates small micro-crystals that do not break up the food’s fibers.
- The food thus retains all its properties, taste, texture and colours.
- Any product should be shock frozen with Fresco before being stored in the freezer.
- Gentle freezing:
- This cycle includes two phases: blast chilling and shock freezing. In the first phase the food’s core temperature is taken to +3°C, with a working temperature of around -1°C. The second phase reaches a core temperature of -18°C, with a working temperature of up to -35°C.
- Now you can insert very hot food at temperatures of up to 90°C: a perfect opportunity for deep freezing all cooked food, including very delicate food, such as leavened and baked goods.
- Customised preservation:
- Blast chilling:
Discover the possibility to preserve a special product at a temperature between -20°C and +65°C up to 48 hours.
- Controlled thawing:
If you are looking for good wholesome ingredients and you want a healthy diet, you must be careful to handle food correctly, and prevent incorrect thawing from spoiling your efforts. A risk you run when you try thawing with the microwave or other systems when you’re in a hurry. Often, the result is that the product is still frozen in some points but partially cooked in others. Real thawing only happens when you bring the initially frozen food back to the condition it was in before freezing. Controlled thawing is ideal for all types of meat, fish, bread and all desserts because it preserves appearance, colour and texture.
- Drinks cooling:
The easiest function for quick and perfect chilling of bottles and cans. It will reach the right temperature in a few minutes so you can savour your drink at its best. A convenient solution also to save space in the fridge, especially in the summer and during dinner parties.
- Low-temperature cooking:
Slow, low-temperature cooking means cooking meat or fish for a prolonged time at temperatures between 50°C and 75°C. Our grandmothers’ best-kept secret, low-temperature cooking is now increasingly popular among the greatest chefs. Indeed, it is recommended by nutritionists because this gentle, gradual cooking method does not dry food out with aggressive temperatures, retaining colour and above all taste, without the need for condiments. At the end of the cycle you can choose whether to keep it warm at 60°C or blast chill it at 3°C.
Slow cooking at low temperature has deep roots in the history of food, but nowadays it is one of the most refined cooking methods, only used in the top restaurants. With Fresco you can have it in your home and use it every day.
- Natural proofing:
- With Fresco you finally have the opportunity to obtain complete natural leavening, with no influences from the external environment.
- The advantages include using less yeast to achieve a consistently perfect result all year round. Proofing times will be shorter, be it winter or summer. An ideal function if you wish to bake fresh bread every day, pizza for your friends or brioches for a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Ready meal:
- Natural proofing:
This function is used to set the time for starting to regenerate a dish. For example, if you bake lasagna on Sunday then blast chill it and put it in the fridge, you can regenerate it on Thursday. Before leaving in the morning, place a portion on a plate and put it in Fresco. It will be ready and hot when you come back for lunch. Should you be late, not to worry! Fresco keeps the dish at a 60°C hold temperature, without altering the food. A simple function for everybody because it’s always nice to come home and find something ready to eat. Especially if self-made.
- Outer dimensions: Width: 56,4 cm, Height: 39,2 cm, Depth: 38 cm
- Inner dimensionsWidth: 33 cm,Height: 20 cm, Depth: 29,5 cm
- Weight: 29 Kg
- Internal compartment construction: Stainless steel
Fresco® | Blast chilling
Quickli chills hot food, stop bacterial prolification, assures freshness and chrispness of food up to 7 days. Cook when you have the time and feel like it. Eat freshly-cooked food every day, as if by magic.