Chef’sChoice Pronto Diamond Hone for Santoku/15° Knives Model 463:
The Chef’sChoice® Pronto® #463 applies flawless and durable 15 degree edge in seconds and will put a better than factory edge on your 15 degree class knives!
“Recommended” by Cook’s Illustrated, a leading consumer and kitchen testing publication, the Chef’sChoice® Pronto® Manual Diamond Hone® Sharpener 463 is affordable, easy to use, quiet and extremely fast. It will put a flawless, extremely sharp, better than factory 15 degree edge on 15 degree class knives, including Santoku and other Asian-style double-sided knives contemporary Euro/American style knives.
The Chef’sChoice® #463 helps prolong the life of quality knives because it creates a super sharp 15˚ double-bevel arch-shaped edge that resists dulling longer than conventionally sharpened hollow-ground or “V-shaped” edges. Its fast and the edge that it applies is razor sharp and long- lasting with a “bite” that slices smoothly through both fibrous and non-fibrous foods.
Using the Chef’sChoice perfected CrissCross® technology; this 2-Stage sharpener develops an extremely sharp double-bevel edge with microscopic “teeth” along the entire cutting edge. These tiny teeth provide the “bite” on the edge and work to instantly engage the food for effortless cutting.
- Extremely Fast! It’s the fastest manual Santoku and 15 degree style knife sharpener available
- Creates an ultra-sharp 15 degree edge
- 2-Stages, sharpening and honing/polishing, for an arch-shaped edge that is stronger and more durable
- Uses 100% diamond abrasives in Stages 1 and 2
- CrissCross® technology for an extremely sharp edge with lots of “bite”
- “Soft Touch” handle for an easy and secure grip
How It Works:
The Chef’sChoice CrissCross® sharpening technology uses 100% diamond abrasive wheels that simultaneously sharpen into and out of the knife’s edge on each side of the blade for a superior, burr-free razor sharp edge with a durable arch-shaped finish. On opposite sides of the edge, the sharpening lines combine to form the “crisscross” pattern that shapes the microscopic teeth.
Stage one sharpens the edge and sets the initial bevel using larger diamonds. Stage two, featuring micron-sized diamonds, completes the second bevel and delivers an ultra sharp, long lasting arch shaped edge. Stage two is also designed to resharpen serrated knives.
The Chef’sChoice® Pronto® features a “Soft Touch” ergonomic handle for an easy, secure grip and rubber feet for additional stability. Safe for all straight edge and serrated knives, it is small, compact and can be stored in a drawer or a backpack. It is ideal for home, office and outdoor activities. Engineered and assembled in the U.S.
See “Edge Type” for sharpener capabilities and “Knife Guide” for recommended knives:
- Finish: Black/Red
- Number of Sharpening Stages: 2
- Abrasive:100% diamond abrasives
- Sharpens both fine edge and serrated knives: Yes
- Resulting Edge Angle: 15 degree
- Sharpening Technology:Crisscross® sharpening technology
- Handle Style:”Soft Touch” handle for an easy and secure grip
Product Weight & Dimensions:
- Weight:0.37 lb
- Length:8 1/2 inches
- Width:2 1/8 inches
- Height:2 3/4 inches
- Includes:Instruction Manual
- Origin:Made in the USA with US and Globally Sourced Material
There are no reviews yet.